Treasure Coast Urgent Care accepts most insurance plans. If you have questions about whether we accept your plan/policy you can call your location prior to visiting. Please bring a valid ID and proof-of-insurance if you plan to use health insurance to pay for your visit.
- We will verify your eligibility as well as any applicable co-pay and deductibles due. Once determined we will collect any amount due prior to you being seen by a provider.
- We will file your claim to make the insurance process as easy as possible.
- Please be aware that insurance carriers submit a disclaimer during the verification process. It generally states ‘This is not a guarantee of coverage’. Meaning this is an estimate and the claim may process differently than was anticipated. In addition, you should receive an “Explanation of Benefits’ from your insurance carrier which will explain in detail the amount billed, the amount allowed, the payment made to the provider and any portion due from you. If you do have a balance, we will contact you by phone or email. For this reason, please be sure we have your most up-to-date contact information when checking in.
- If you do not have health insurance, we offer competitive self-pay rates. Please call your location for the current fees/rates.
Most major insurances accepted including:
Blue Cross Blue Shield / Florida Blue (most state plans), United Health Care, Cigna/Great West/Health Gram, Aetna, Humana PPO-Medicare, Humana HMO, Tricare, Meritain, Medicare, AARP, Mutual of Omaha, Most Secondary Medicare Plans Golden Rule, UMR, AVMED, WellCare – MEDICARE PLAN ONLY, Medicare and Commercial Plans
* accepted polices under each carrier may vary